Sunday 8 June 2014

Sunny Day Necessities

It’s rare to get a sunny day in the UK so when we do I feel obligated to make the most of it, i.e. spending every moment in the park. I was however blessed with having very pale, easily burned skin which means I have to take extra precautions when enjoying the suns raise as should everyone. Sun burn is not fun or pretty. Here I am going to share my sunny day necessities which I use whenever the clouds break and Mr Sun shows his face.
Clinique Super City Block in SPF 40, £17.00
This is a new product for me which I invested in because I was sick of getting a Rudolph nose every time I step outside. It’s not a cheap product but I am very happy with it as it is easily applied and soaks in really quick fast. Also the women at the Clinique stand told me it can be used as a primer which is always a bonus! I went for SPF 40 as I need it but it also comes in SPF 25 if you do not burn as easily as you do but you can never be too prepared when it comes to skin care.
Nivea Sun Moisturising Sun Lotion in SPF 30, £5.00 (half price in Tesco’s)
Nothing special here, just your regular all over the body sun cream; this can be used on your face as well but I find they cause my skin to breakout so I just stick to the City Block. It does everything it says on the bottle, protects you from the sun and as its Nivea you know you are going to get a quality product.
Nivea Sun Protect Lip Care in SPF 30, £3.50
Again this is a must for me as I have sadly suffered from burned lips in the past and trust me, it ain’t fun.  You can probably get better SPF lip balms then this but for the price it’s great just to throw into your bag before going out and it’s very easily applied. Only thing is that it does leave a white colour to your lips and it does not last that long so constant application is needed but I still wouldn’t leave the house on a sunny day without it.
My last few necessities which I take with me for a fun day in the sun is some reading material (this month’s ELLE is a treat, amazing interview with Pharrell), sunnies and of course some of that delish H20! To make mine more exciting I just added a few frozen berries I had on hand which gives it a lovely fruity hint and just helps liven up some normal tap water.
 I hope you are all enjoying the sun where you are and remember to be safe in the sun by using  SPF and keeping hydrated.
What are your sunny day musts?

1 comment:

  1. Ahh I love the Clinique Super City Block, thank you for reminding me!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete