Tuesday 20 August 2013

Rimmel London Traffic Stopping Shadow


 

I found this little beauty the other week when I was in Morrison’s (yes Morrison’s as in the supermarket, stay with me) reduced from £6.00 to £3.00, what a treat!  The only time I had really seen these eye shadows had been when they were being promoted before Made in Chelsea so I had no idea what to expect but recently my MAC black eye shadow has gone missing so I thought for £3.00 I would buy it at least I had another black again. I haven’t tried it out fully in a look yet but I have sampled it quite a bit and so far so good really. On the back of the pallet it says they can be used wet or dry but when I tried them out dry all that seemed to happen was they were diluted and spread a little further. I wasn’t sure what was going to happen when I used them wet but I was expecting something a little more exciting to happen I guess so yeah I was little let down by that. The colour trio is called 006 Sharp Turn and for ease I have just numbered each colour so you know what I am on about. I love number 1 and will definitely be using it as a highlighter in the corners of my eyes, it leaves a lovely pearly shimmery colour and leaves a strong colour if that makes sense. Number 2 when used looks more silvery then grey; its shimmery like number 1 but I am not sure how I am going to use it yet. Finally number 3, it is a nice colour and gives nice finish but I just can’t help but to compare it to my old MAC. Deep Sigh. Overall I do like the pallet and I will be using it but I wouldn’t pay £6.00 for it; eye shadow is one of those things where I think its worth paying a bit more to get high-end products.


What eye shadows have you loved recently? 

Love Hann xx     


2 comments:

  1. oh this looks amazing! I've never heard of them but I love how pigmented they are :) definetely going to check them out! xx Hope you're having a wonderful day!

    Andrea xx
    savingsimplicity13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I managed to get the 001 Over the Limit in Poundland (fellow student here). I was expecting a bit more pigmentation especially from the number 2 shade in mine which is a bright goldy orange in the packaging. It works as a nice everyday subtle colour and is better when used wet but I'm glad I didn't pay full price for them!

    ReplyDelete