Saturday 31 August 2013

Dip Dye Fun


Before
After

When I was away playing in the sun my hair decided to go dramatically lighter to a light brown shade which is actually the closest it has been to my natural hair colour in around 5 years! Since the ends of my hair (along with my fringe) were the lightest of it all, creeping upon blonde, I decided to have a little fun and dip dye it. I went to my local Sally’s to explore the colours they had and decided to dry a purple shade as a few years ago I did dip dye the ends a red colour and I wanted to go for something I have never done before; I also only went for a semi-permanent colour just in case it went horrifically wrong. The make I went for was Crazy Colour by Rembow in colour Violette because the sales assistant recommended it and in the samples they had I liked this colour the most; it was £6.49 for the bottle which I thought was pretty reasonable; this dye only had to be left on clean hair for 15-30 minutes before being rinsed off; I left it on the ends of my hair for the full 30 as I wanted it to work to its full capability. I am not disappointment by the results at all but it’s definitely not what I expected to happen. The colour is not as purple as I wanted but instead has just made the ends of my hair a little darker; it’s not black as much it is a grey-blue colour (if that exists).

I am actually really happy with the results as it just adds a subtle difference; to anyone who has never dipped dyed their hair before but are thinking about it I do recommend you try it! At most shops which supply to hair dressers and beauticians you can get a wide variety of hair colours, permanent and semi-permanent so if you are not sure on what you want you can get one that will rinse out and then you can try it again!

What do you think about dip dyed hair? Have you got any advice for a novice like me?

Also I haven't done any music posts in a while so I thought I would add on my favourite of the moment; this is my favourite song by Mumford &Sons and now it also have my favourite video by them. Just watch it...it'll blow your socks off! 

Love Hann xx

4 comments:

  1. I am too scared to color my hair anything but blonde! I mostly just use colorbug if i want a pop of color. How long did this last for?
    xo
    www.cestunejolievie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crazy colour, can't believe it cost you nearly 7 quid though! At my local hair shop it's only 3!
    bethanyxalice xx

    ReplyDelete