Friday 3 May 2013

Music Review: MSMR

MSMR - Candy Bar Creep Show Ep
 First music review of the month, eeeeee exciting stuff! The reason I have decided to do MSMR is because their album is just about to be released and as a fan I thought it was right I would do my part promoting it.  
Photo from rockfeedback.com
MS MR are a New York-based American duo consisting of vocalist Lizzy Plapinger and producer Max Hershenow. Their debut album Secondhand Rapture is due for release on 14 May 2013. MS MR have released three singles, "Hurricane", "Bones" and "Fantasy" as well as an EP Candy Bar Creep Show. Enigmatic New York duo MS MR released their debut single ‘Hurricane’ on Chess Club Records on July 2nd 2011. Describing their music as ‘tumblr glitch pop’ ‘soulfuzz’ and ‘electroshock’, this show is a keenly anticipated return to the UK for MS MR, following on from a sold out debut London show at Birthdays in September 2012.
MSMR - Bones
I first became a fan of the band after hunting down the song Bones which was used in the Game of Thrones season 3 trailer and if anyone body else is as much of a GOT nerd as I am, you will agree that this song was perfect for the trailer. I love this band because there songs have a creepy edge to them which make then unique to most things out in the music world at the moment. Not only that but Lizzy, the lead singers, vocals are beautiful and powerful which make listening to the songs an absolute treat. 

MSMR - Hurricane

Another thing that make MSMR so amazing and different is there style; an example of their wacky style is in their latest video for Hurricane which I actually included in my last Sunday mix tape post but here it is again for you to watch. 
I predict big things for MSMR is the future so my advice is that if you are looking something new to listen to download there EP Candy Bar Creep Show and fall in love with them just like I did.

If you have any music recommendations for me please tell me or ask any questions you may have, thank you for every comment I read and appreciate them all.

TGIF Kittens! 
Have a great weekend, Love Hann xx





  

No comments:

Post a Comment