Sunday 3 March 2013

The Spring Issue



Spring is here! Yeeeeeey sun! Well, it’s meant to be but the occasional snow showers put a little doubt into my head that it’s the weather to unleash t-shirts and skirts however I am still drooling over the new spring collections. After reading countless fashion magazines all presenting the new trends at high street and high fashions levels I have decided on my 3 favourite trends of spring 2013 and here I am going sharing with you!


Monochrome (black and white)
 
I love this trend immensely; I have always been a fan of black clothing. Not in a gothic way but in a way in that black is so chic and simple and effortless and when thinking about it I really should stop wearing as much black! My wardrobe at a glimpse is actually quite colourful but on days in which I cannot be bothered to think of an outfit to put together I will probably just end up wearing an all-black outfit…whoops.  So seeing monochrome hitting the catwalks I was too excited to start planning all my new outfits; also I am excited to start exploring more into white as well. I don’t think I actually own any piece of clothing that is completely white, so with monochrome in season I am determined to start looking into more white clothing (except white jeans, I am sorry but I just think they look cheap) Out of all the new lines Topshop have excelled themselves with monochrome, especially to monochrome amateurs like myself, with their T-shirt collections; they quirky, fun and easy to wear and yet still stay within the trend. 
(Left to Right) Sleeveless Stripe Shell top £28.00 Half and Half Spot tee £32.00 Both Topshop


Space Metallic



Thank you Burberry, thank you so much! I have to be honest when I first heard of Burberrys metallic trench coats I was weary as I am such a fan of the original and am determined that at some point in my life I will own one however the moment I saw Cara Delevingne at the fashion awards wearing the Burberry metallic dress I fell in love! The promotion video also took my heart away with the cutey that is Romeo Beckham featuring along with the beaut that is Tom Odell playing in the background I was just at my knees and now most high street stores have introduced their own metallic designs I am in heaven.  I love the bright colours of this trend mixed with the reflectiveness that comes with metallic; also any metallic item with automatically liven up any minimalist outfit. When payday comes a metallic shirt will be the first thing in my claws (Marks and Spencer’s have a purple metallic shirt in that I have my eyes on, cue a “mine mine mine” chant similar to the seagulls in Finding Nemo) 




Sneakers and Trainers


I am a rubbish girl in that I own 1 pair of heels which I have worn once for my prom and don’t really plan to wear again for the fact that I am a human embodiment of Bambi and fall over in flats. So when I found out that one of this seasons trends are trainers I nearly had a litter of kittens in excitement!  I love trainers and sneakers and high tops and air maxes and everything they represent and with this season come a new explosion design of my favourite footwear. My ultimate shoe is the classic white converse flats; I don’t even know how many pairs I have been through in my time. Nike have always been my number one preference for trainers for the gym and running as they do make shoes that give great support for a range of sport and are very helpful for finding the right trainer for you. However this season they have introduced a new range of colourful blazers, reinvented air maxes and out of the world designed high tops! Another bonus to trainers being in style is that yes a decent pair don’t come cheaper then £50 to £60 but if you do invest in a decent pair they will last and some pairs even look better after being kicked around. So if you are going to buy one new pair of shoes this season make sure it’s a bright pair of fresh sneakers. 
http://www.styloko.com/womens-fashion/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Liberty-Nike-Trainers.jpg
Nikes Desinged by Liberty


  Thanks for reading kittens and I hope your spring is a colourful one! Lots of love Hann xxx












 

No comments:

Post a Comment