Sunday 31 March 2013

Music Review: The Original Rude Boys



I have always had a love for the Irish and this band has just given one more reason to! My sister was lucky enough to go and see The Script play in Aberdeen a few weeks ago and the main thing she raved about was there supporting act, The Original Rude Boys. After she played me a few of their tracks I took a look into them myself and boy am I a fan now!  The Original Rudeboys are an Irish acoustic hip hop band from Dublin, Ireland. They are notable for single Stars In My Eyes which hit number 2 on iTunes and has received national airplay. They have played such venues as The Olympia Theatre and have also played at festivals such as Oxegen and the Reading and Leeds Festivals. The band consists of Luke Manchini Sean "Neddy" Arkins (Rap Vocals), Robert Burch (Guitar and Vocals) and Sean "Walshy" Walsh (Ukulele). The band's genre has been described as a cross between hip hop and indie. 


Like many young acts these days they started to gather there fan base through uploading there music on to YouTube;  according to the group they had no intention of becoming a band but after seeing the views on their videos rise they decided to take on the music industry. They uploaded Stars In My Eyes up first and the amazing feedback from the song gave them their first single and lead to them making a television appearance on The Saturday Night Show. Since then they have had 3 sell out nights at Dublin’s academy 2, released their debut album This Life and are currently touring with The Script not only in the UK but also in Australia. 

                                              The Original Rude Boys "Stars In My Eyes"

I normally like to relate new bands to other current bands to help you guys a little inkling to weather you will enjoy the band or not but with these boys I can’t think of anyone to compare them to. They are indie with a splash of hip-hop but while still keeping the soulful feeling of original song writing. Not only are the boys talented song writers but they have a collection of beautiful vocals and are very talented

musicians . So all I can say is give them a listen and decide for yourself what you think; I personally love them and I am very excited to see what comes of them. There album is beautiful and flows all the way through which I find you don’t get any more with some albums where you can listen to it all the way through without skipping a track. My favourite song on the album is Blue Eyes and I will leave a link to it below but please check these guys out! If you have any comments please leave away below. 

The Original Rude Boys "Blue Eyes"

Hope you are all well and have a very happy easter! Lots of love Hann xxx 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment